I often get asked the question, what is a profitable niche idea? What niche is a great one to get started in? Whilst any niche could become profitable, with the right amount of effort. There do seem to be some that are easier to target than others.
In this post, I will be sharing with you 50 profitable niche ideas that are trending and are likely to succeed with the right website and content. By combining these niche ideas with relevant affiliate products, you can start earning money with them.
There are 3 key things to think about when picking a niche idea though:
1. You need to love the niche topic – A big part of the process of making money is writing a lot of content. If you don’t love the topic you won’t write a load of content. So, it does need to be something you can get your teeth into
2. You need to know a lot about the niche or be willing to learn a lot about the niche. This is easy if it is a topic you love.
3. You need to see whether the niche topic is popular. Whilst any niche could work, you need traffic to your site to earn money. If no one is searching for something in an obscure niche – you will not get any traffic and not earn a penny for it.
That is why I have compiled this list. They are popular and trending right now and can turn into a profitable online business.
Let’s get into the list of profitable niche ideas.
Health/Fitness Related Niches
1. Losing Belly Fat
2. Low Carb Diet Plans
3. Six Pack Exercises
4. Getting Rid of Love Handles
5. Dealing with Knee Problems
6. Dealing with Joint Problems
7. A site on Different Type of Cleanses (Health Related Site)
8. Tips for Making Skin Look Younger
9. How to Slow Down or Reverse Aging
10. Ways to Increase Metabolism
11. How to Stop Heart Disease
12. How to Stop Type 1 Diabetes
13. How to Stop Type 2 Diabetes
14. How to Stop Smoking
15. How to Stop Stress/Anxiety/Panic Attacks
16. Hair Loss for Men
17. Hair Loss for Women
18. Tablets for Kids
19. Gaming Laptops
20. Gaming Laptop Accessories
21. Computer Gaming Gear
22. Vlogging Accessories
23. Action Cameras
25. Popular Hiking Treks (Promoting Preparation Clothes & Gear)
26. Hiking Backpacks
27. Hiking Boots
28. Camping Accessories
29. Survival Gear
30. Survival Tips
31. Preparing for a Cataclysm
32. Storing up on Supplies for Emergencies
33. How to Fix Things Around the House (Leaky Pipes, Broken Objects, etc.)
34. Dealing with Noisy Neighbours
35. Hydroponic Gardening
36. Making Your Own Garden Tips
37. How to Get Rid of Termites
38. How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
39. How to Get Rid of Mould Yourself
40. Wood Burning Tips
41. Be Your Own Mechanic (Fixing Cars Yourself)
42. Be Your Own Mechanic with Motorcycles
43. Get Back with Your Ex (Specify Man or Woman)
44. How to Succeed at Dating
45. How to Succeed at Online Dating
46. Safety Razors
Online Jobs/Make Money Online
47. Make Money Online
48. How to Get Rid of College Debt
49. Jobs for Single Moms
50. How to Become a Freelance Writer
There we have it, 50 profitable niche ideas that you could take and turn into a successful online business. You could even combine a few and expand the reach your website has.
For example, Hair Loss for Men & Women rather than just sticking to one.
Gardening is quite broad but combining a number of gardening niches could be a good one if you are really interested in it.
Gaming Laptops leads naturally into accessories for those laptops, losing belly fat and six pack exercises naturally complement each other.
This isn’t a comprehensive list by any stretch of the imagination and any niche could lead to a full time income from it – but you need to use the 3 steps I mentioned above to see whether you can commit to the time and effort needed to succeed. Do you love that niche or are you picking it because it looks profitable, do you know a lot about that niche or are you willing to learn a lot about that niche? Is anyone interested in that niche or is it too obscure meaning no one searches for it.
That is why the 50 above are Popular Topics, Getting Regular Searches on those Topics.
The key to any niche is helping people answer their questions. You need to help them achieve what they are looking for, rather than just having a sales pitch.
If your niche is tablets for kids, you need to think why are people searching for the best tablet for kids?
Typical questions might be:
Is it easy to use?
Can I protect my child from certain websites?
How do I protect my kid from…?
Is it easy to set up parental controls?
Parents both know the benefits of their kids learning from tablets in the technical world we live in but are also paranoid their kid will get contacted by a paedophile via apps on the tablet they bought their kid.
If you can help them answer all their questions, teach them how to protect their child from the nasty bits of the internet. How to use it themselves, Set time limits, etc.
Your visitors will start to trust you and start being guided by your recommendations and there you have your opportunity to earn money.
Without Trust, there are no Sales.
Think about it, how many times have you visited a site and thought that looks like a scam or just a sales pitch and switch off… I have plenty of times. So that is why you need to know something about the niche you pick and not just pick one because it has a high profit margin, i.e. Gaming Laptops are expensive, so you pick that because 4% of £1000 is great. But you haven’t got a clue about technology, no one is going to buy an item for you to earn commission.
Hopefully you have found a topic in the list that you can use to your advantage. If you have or have questions about a niche that is not on the list but want some advice on whether it is a good deal, please ask it in the comments below. I would love to help anyone achieve a goal of working for yourself with their own business.
It takes more than just picking a niche to be successful, I started online a couple of years ago and have learned everything I know from the team at Wealthy Affiliate. They are totally honest about what it takes to earn money from affiliate marketing. It will take time and effort, you need to help the readers and not sell to the readers. They also have powerful tools to research niches, keywords, content creation, building websites. the list goes on.
Step-by-Step Training that takes a niche idea to a fully-fledged Online Business
If you would like to try this training for free and get your own website up and running in minutes, try a free starter membership and see how they can help you. This training is awesome and helps you learn affiliate marketing like a boss.
Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated in the comments below. If I can help you in anyway let me know.