Affiliate marketing is a great way of earning a full-time wage online, but it can seem really complicated when you are looking online and seeing all these different ways of learning it. I wanted to create a guide that keeps it really simple and ensure anyone can understand what affiliate marketing is, how you earn money through it and how you can get started for free. That way anyone can know the benefits of it and actually, how simple the premise is. Continue reading “Affiliate Marketing for Dummies – Keeping it Simple”
Creating a WordPress Blog is a great way of expressing yourself online with a view to sharing experiences, some knowledge and possibly with a view to turning it into a revenue stream. Earning money from your passion is always an incentive.
With over 2 billion people online searching for ways to do something (how to guides) or a way of connecting with people. It is totally able to do this and earn some money from it too.
This guide is all about starting a WordPress website and getting your first post published onto it, thus getting your blog started.
The first thing you need to think about and get right is choosing a hosting platform that is easy to use, has all the relevant tools to get your website online and get it ranked in the search engines to ensure people can find your blog. It also would be great if it was free to get started and wasn’t a limited time offer?
The hosting platform that we recommend is SiteRubix… they provide you with 2 free WordPress websites with a starter account. In this guide, we will describe how you can get started for free with SiteRubix, why we recommend them and also how you can get your website up and running in minutes and also how you can get a blog posted onto the website.
SiteRubix has all the tools you need to get your blog up and running
Our preferred platform, SiteRubix, gives you 2 free WordPress websites. It is powered by Wealthy Affiliate and the benefits they offer their members is endless. If you are starting out with an online blog, there is nothing worse than having to pay for something to see if it’s any good and whether it is right for you, SiteRubix is free with no time limit. See if its right for you. They provide the full version of WordPress for you to get your website looking the way you want.
That is why SiteRubix is Free to Starter Members.
What are the benefits of Wealthy Affiliate? The hosting is second to none, with a number of great features for their members for the website, but the best features of Wealthy Affiliate are the community you join and the sheer number of training materials they provide to getting your website successful and how you could make money from them with affiliate marketing.
There are a number of features restricted to their premium membership, but there is no pressure to upgrade and your website will still be great with a starter membership.
Once signed up you could have a free website up and running in minutes.
It takes 4 steps to Launch your Website
Once signed up with SiteRubix and you are in your account from the left-hand menu you will notice a blue button labelled SiteRubix. Select it and choose Site Builder.
1. Domain Type– As a starter member, you only have the choice of selecting a free domain. This is a subdomain which will have siterubix.com – so an example would be dslr-cameras.siterubix.com. this doesn’t put it at a disadvantage with regards to ranking. But if you would prefer a full domain the premium membership can accommodate this. The premium account gives you 25 full domains and they will all benefit from having free ssl certificates on them. (Understand the benefits of this here).
2. It’s All in the Name – This is a chance to give your website a bit of personality with its own domain name, it needs to be easy for people to search for and is fully relevant to the topic or content. It ultimately depends on what you wish to achieve with the blog. My only advice is if you are planning on it being a niche website, try and make it relevant. When you type in the name it will tell you whether it is available and can be changed at any time.
3. Give it a Great Look – Choose a theme that will suit your blog. As a starter member, you have a select number to choose from, select the one you want. But again, you could gain access to the full library of themes with the premium membership.
4. Build Your Site – The final step is to click on the blue button that builds your website.
That’s it, your website will be created and you will shortly be able to sign in and personalise your website, create your first post and start your blog.
So, the next stage is to sign into your WordPress website and learn how to post on your website.
From your SiteRubix menu, you will have Site Manager as an option. Your list of websites will be here and the ability to log into your site from here too.
You will also notice some of the benefits you will get from Wealthy Affiliate with a site health detail, daily back-ups, etc.
It also tells you whether you have been indexed in Google, which is important if you want your blog to be found, learn about Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) here. See the screen shot of mine above. This could take a few days to show as your website is new.
Your next step is to click log on. It will give you the ability to log on to your WordPress dashboard from here.
From your side menu in your WordPress Dashboard, you can select ‘Post’ and ‘Add New’. Then you are ready to start writing and sharing your story with the world.
From here you can select a Title, and write the blog you want in the space provided.
You have the ability to save it as a draft to actually publishing it live on your website.
There is quite a bit to learn about WordPress, including plugins, getting it ranked in the search engines (SEO), adding pictures, etc, Which I will be adding posts regularly about and I can offer you any help and support you require, just leave any questions in the comments below.
If you do sign up with SiteRubix you will also benefit from all the training materials, support of the community and everything there is to know about WordPress, SEO, getting your site ranked on search engines, monetising your blog, all about plugins on WordPress.
Don’t be afraid to explore the community to learn more or ask me any questions and I will be here to help you in any way I can.
Ways to Work from Home
An SSL Certificate is key to the security of a website and with the importance of protecting personal information nowadays, it is something that a lot of website owners are researching and deciding whether it is time to install it. An SSL Certificate can be quite expensive if you are a small business owner who wants to take payments through their website, but in this article, I will be going through what an SSL certificate is, why your website might need it and more importantly how you can genuinely get it for free.
What is an SSL Certificate?
SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer; it establishes an encrypted link between an internet browser (reader) and a web server (website).
It means that any data passed between the two is safe and secure.
Think about any time you have logged onto an un-secure WI-FI network, either at a coffee bar etc. You want to make sure that any data is safe, hence why your bank will have an ssl certificate. it will display as a https in the address bar.
It brings confidence to anyone using it that their personal information cannot be intercepted by anyone who may want to use it against you, fraudsters for example.
You will notice that this website has https in the address bar as we take online security very seriously, and we did it with a free ssl certificate from a reputable provider.
Why does your Website Need it?
There are several reasons why you may want SSL on your website besides bringing confidence to your audience.
- E-commerce – if you are selling a product or plan to sell a product or service from a website you need SSL to take payments through it. Your potential customers will not feel secure putting their card details into an unsecured website.
- Capturing any data – If you want to build an email list through your website, again people are wary of anything that might mean spam emails. With an SSL certificate, they will know they can only get information from you if they sign up.
- Get Better Search Engine Rankings – Search Engines are on a mission to protect anyone who searches on them, so they are starting to prefer https websites and giving them better rankings. In the mission of SEO, the ultimate aim is to be on page 1 to attract visitors to a website, so this could help with that goal.
If you are just starting out with a website, it can be really hard to get ranked, build up a reputation, it naturally takes time and high-quality content, but this could help with your rankings too. Then if you chuck in paying out a lot of money to have hosting, SSL, and all the potential other costs that go with starting a business, then you start looking for free options.
The key is to make sure those decisions are the right ones and with the right reputable suppliers. Find out how I got free SSL with Wealthy Affiliate, along with a number of highly useful resources to get you started or build on with an existing website.
How Can You Get it for Free?
Typically the cost of an SSL certificate for a website can be $100 or more for an annual fee on a 256-bit encrypted connection authorised by a reputable company. Not to mention some having installation fees.
The other options include looking at free offers that might not be that reputable.
What if I told you I didn’t pay anything for my SSL certificate?
If you already have a website but want to install SSL certificates on it, I fully endorse moving your hosting over to Wealthy Affiliate. With a premium membership if will not cost anything to transfer it over, and then install SSL for free. The beauty of the Wealthy Affiliate SSL install is it is a flick of a switch, literally. It took about 30 seconds for it to install. See screenshot below:
You just select it from the SitePlus+ options, and it is live on your website. See the Hostings details of a Wealthy Affiliate account below:
What else does Wealthy Affiliate have to offer you and your business? Learn more in our Wealthy Affiliate Review
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below. I am here to help you with any queries.
There is a real opportunity if you know how to make money from blogging online. So we will explore what is a blog, what you can write about but more importantly how you can make money from it.
What is a Blog
A blog is described as a regularly updated website or post written in an informal or conversational style. It is a very popular way of communicating with others information or opinions/reviews on different subjects. It is also a great way of expressing yourself.
The bonus to a successful and engaging blog is you could start earning money from it.
What Can You Write a Blog About?
OK, so you can’t just start a blog and hope that it starts earning money, there is a little bit more to it than that.
Think about why people come online? They tend to go there to find out how to do something or find a review on a product prior to buying it.
So your blog needs to be really helpful and/or review products & services in your chosen topic.
Ideally it needs to be something that you are either passionate about or know a lot about the subject.
Imagine starting a website that helps others with technology.
You figure that as the products cost more there is more potential to make money from that. The only problem is you don’t know much about technology.
That means you are going to waste a lot of time on researching answers, or your content won’t be able to engage with the reader, therefore they do not revisit your site, or tell their friends. You want people to like your content and keep on coming back.
Whereas writing about hair products/accessories due to your knowledge about those, you can start writing engaging content that means the reader comes back again and tell their friends it and then you can start making money from blogging online. If you feel confident you could even do how-to videos.
The key is to target a niche and not be too broad. There is a lot of competition out there and you need to aim for a very targeted market.
Check this out to learn more about how to target a niche here.
How Can You Make Money from Blogging Online?
There are a couple of ways to make money from blogging online, however they rely on your content being engaging and useful, as you need visitors to your site.
- ADVERTISING – once your site becomes established and you are getting regular numbers visiting your website, you can sign up for google AdSense. You can earn commission from people clicking adverts on your site.
- AFFILIATE MARKETING – If we go back to the example of hair products and you look at how many different products there are available to buy online in this category. You can become an affiliate of amazon for example, and earn commission by including these products on your site, and having people click through your website to buy these products. Learn more here
- Promoting Businesses – Sell advertising space on your website to a business relating to your blog/niche
- Offering Your Services – If you can write engaging and useful content, but don’t feel like starting a website you can offer your services on several sites and get paid to write it for others. (Learn more here)
How to Get Started with an Online Blog
What I found was writing the content was not too hard, but getting started with an online business and knowing how to get my website ranked in google with SEO, learn how to get started with affiliate marketing, there is a lot you need to know.
You will also require a domain and web hosting to get started.
If you would like to know where I found out all I needed to know about getting started and more important how to earn money from it check out my Wealthy Affiliate Review. It also has free domains and web hosting available too.
There is a real potential to make money from blogging online, you just need to take the right steps to start it successful. It will take time to get your site established and see the earning potential, but the training is great and will take you step-by-step to becoming successful.
You can also check it out for free.
Thanks for taking the time to read this post, if you have any questions or want any support let me know.
There are a whole load of opportunities for stay at home moms to earn money. Whether that be through social media, auction sites such as eBay or your very own website either selling your own product or a blogging site.
You could even start it part time whilst your children are young then take it to a full-time gig when they go to school where you can start earning the money and achieving the rewards that it can bring.
My wife is quite artistic and starting doing a number of crafting ideas and is at a point where she will be launching a website shortly as the demand is increasing. She made a bespoke WordArt when our son was born, posted a picture on Facebook and she had quite a bit of interest and took it from there, Making Christmas decorations, Making Cakes. Check out her Facebook page Words, Cakes & More to see how Gemma got started. It just shows that you one of the ways you can earn money online.
Be mindful when researching for ways to make money online you find genuine ways to earn money and if it sounds like it is too good to be true, it probably is. There are a number of scams out there, but we are here to help and below are a list of genuine ways for stay at home moms to earn money online.
Making a Product and Selling it
If you are already quite handy with your hands and already make something, like in the example with my wife then it could be the start of a business.
If you are unsure of what people are buying, check out local craft markets, or Pinterest is a great place to research ideas.
The children’s market is big business and the number of ideas that come out are endless. Think about it, Lego frames are relatively new, but if you have the right characters then the demand is great and not just from parents for kids. Make a Star Wars one and you may start having a bidding war. Baby blankets, teddy bears, baby toys. I could go on.
Starting out, you might begin with local craft markets to sell your products. If you are ready to sell that product online, but aren’t ready to get your own website then a Facebook page is a great way of online marketing your product to a bigger audience. You can advertise your wares on it and set it as a local audience, so your postage and packing costs don’t go too high.
Ultimately you may get at a point where you are ready to hit a bigger market, a platform where the order process can start to become automated to a point. You will need a website that can have the ability to have an e-store, it will need an ssl certificate. This way they order the product with a click, the payment is handled online, so you can concentrate on making the products, and correspondence with your customer.
There is a lot to learn about launching a website and ensuring it gets noticed by the search engines, keeping it relevant and making sure it gets a sale. But a website is also a funnel to earning money in other ways as well as your product, such as affiliate marketing.
Completing Surveys & Watching Ads
There are opportunities with certain websites to earn money from watching adverts and completing online surveys. Whilst they do not have a high rate of return, if you want to learn a bit more, check out my reviews of the following sites to learn a bit about them and more important could you benefit from them? SwagBucks, iPoll, ClixSense & DealSpotr.
You could save some money from voucher codes or offers, so it might be beneficial to sign up to one of them in case there is an offer you can benefit from when buying online.
Blogging, Writing Content & Making Money
The ultimate content on a website is engaging, relevant and more importantly help the person reading it to find out the answer they are looking for. Some people are awesome at it, whereas others need some support.
If you can write content naturally and want to earn some money from it you could sign up with a site like fiverr or freelancer.
You can advertise yourself for people to hire you to write content for their website.
Of course, if you can write content well, you would most definitely benefit from your own website. You don’t need a product to be able to benefit from a website.
Imagine you have an interest in coffee, and you had a website reviewing the best coffee machines to use at home. You review the products, and have an amazon associates account, thereby linking the products with a link to the amazon website. If someone reads your review, likes what they read and clicks that link and buys the coffee machine… you have just made commission on that sale.
If you want to get started with a free website and learn how to become a successful website owner with the ability to earn money with it, we suggest our No.1 Platform to teach you everything you need to know to get that website up and running and it being successful.
Get a free website here:
It is entirely possible for a stay at home mom to excel online and make money, whether it be through your own product or writing your own blog. Anytime someone types a question into a search engine, they are looking for an answer. You may know the answer, and what is more write it in a way that they relate to you and trust you, there is the opportunity to earn money from it through advertising on your website or through affiliate links.
If you have any questions, or comments. Maybe you are successful at it already and want to share your success story, then please connect in the comments below
Ways to Work from Home
Price: Starts from £5.99 a month, with a free month’s trial
Owners: Blake Irving (CEO)
Verdict: Competent service for someone after a personal page, there are better options for someone looking for an outstanding website for a business
Go Daddy is a very recognisable brand, featuring heavily on television adverts, and they even advertised their brand at the Super bowl. Their advertising campaign has been very successful at getting people to start up their first domain, without checking out the competition.
It is relatively easy to get set up, but it does help if you know what you need as they offer a number of different options.
WHO IT IS FOR
There are a number of different packages for newbies, to advanced users.
It is designed to be easy to set up, hence why they are the no.1 hosting company in the US.
A lot of the functions are based on drag and drop and what you see is what you get, with the design of your website. Although for more advanced features it will take getting used to the controls.
HOW IT WORKS
Go Daddy uses cPanel, which is easy to use. The file manager, domain manager and database manager are great. Be mindful some things to do take time to set up, for example database set up could take 24 hours.
The absence of some advanced features on the basic packages does bring Go Daddy’s ranking down. Whilst you have a free domain for a year, it will cost you to migrate one.
- Established Name in the field, so they are trustworthy
- SSL on offer, and at great prices
- Wide choice of packages available to suit all budgets and needs, and can grow as your business grows
- Easy to use, with professional looking themes
- Sales are quite common on the prices, and coupons can be available to bring it down going forward
- Can try free for a month
- Can cancel at any time (and anytime not used will be reimbursed)
- 24/7/365 Support available, as you would expect from a company this site
- Security features such as SSL are available to purchase, or are included in certain packages. Prices are reasonable too.
- Entry level packages aren’t really enough to get someone started online (not without upsells)
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is key to getting your website noticed on search engines, but is only included in the higher end packages.
- Limit on disk space, means you will need to purchase more at some point
- You cannot change your theme once you have chosen one. SO if you decide to change the look of your website to keep up with the visitors to your site, you can’t
- No e-commerce tools
- Mobile sites aren’t available on all packages, but I wouldn’t say they look great on it anyway. Just means you will need to do additional configuration on your mobile site to get it looking like you would want it.
Want a Website with a full support network, training and step by step guide to get started? Try Wealthy Affiliate
WHAT THEY OFFER
Go Daddy offer a number of features depending on whether you are new or experienced.
- A number of features around Domains, from registering, transferring, or buying a domain
- Web Hosting, Managed WordPress Hosting, Dedicated Servers, VPS
- Security features such as SSL
- Website Builder
- Business & Marketing solutions
- Reseller plans and affiliate program
According to Go Daddy careers they have 500 in-house developers. They also offer 24/7-hour support 365 days a year available on the phone with a free customer support line. Varying reports show that how long you will be on hold for does depend.
You also have access to video tutorials, to help you understand the different features. With a comprehensive library of helpful tips and guides too.
They also actively urge users to engage in their forums, which in their own way help with technical support.
There are a number of different packages, which can make this a bit complicated. Also costs do not include VAT, which catches some people out
- Personal Website – £5.99/month. 50 personal themes, unlimited pages, 1GB disk space, 150GB bandwidth
- Business – £9.99/month. 300 business/personal themes, unlimited pages, 10GB disk space, 500GB bandwidth, mobile site
- Business Plus – £12.99/month. 300 business/personal themes, unlimited pages, 50GB disk space, 1,000GB bandwidth, mobile site, SEO, 1-click social media manager (connects to your social media to mirror your website)
WordPress Hosted Sites – offers on first month
- Basic – £4.99/month. 1 website, 10GB SSD storage, 25,000 monthly visitors, SFTP access, Free domain (1st year)
- Deluxe – £6.99/month. 1 website, 15GB SSD, 100,000 monthly visitors, Free domain (1st year), 1-click staging site, SEO plugin
- Ultimate – £10.99/month. 2 websites, 30GB SSD, 400,000 monthly users, SSH/SFTP, Free domain (1st year), 1-click staging site, SEO for both sites, 1 SSL certificate (1st year – renewal is £48.99), Malware scan for both sites
- Developer – £16.99/month. 5 websites, 50GB SSD, 800,000 monthly visitors, SSH/SFTP, Free domain (1st year), 1-click staging site, 1 SSL certificate (1st year – renewal £48.99)
Email is offered through MS Office 365, but is only free for the first year.
Go Daddy is easy to use, and seems like a bargain, I would just advise that the lower end packages will not give you what you want to get a business up and running effectively without paying for some features. If you take the personal website, you will need to pay extra for features like SEO, etc. Which is really helpful in getting your website noticed.
On the domain registration side, I think Go Daddy are great, you can get a domain relatively cheaply.
But on the Hosting side, I think there are better options.
You can try them for free for a month and actually see what they offer.
(See our number 1 review, they include SEO for free, and 2 free websites)
Competent service for someone after a personal page, there are better options for someone looking for an outstanding website for a business
If you are new, and looking for an easy website set-up, then Go Daddy does tick many boxes, but it will not be the best experience you could have.
Thanks for reading, any comments or questions please leave them below
Overall Ranking: 99/100
Price: $0 for Starter Membership (No credit card entry required),
$49/a month $359/a year for Premium Membership
Owners: Kyle & Carson
Verdict: Our number 1 Product for Helping People Get Started Online
With over 3 billion people who have access to the internet, one of the biggest searches online is ‘How to Make Money Online’.
There are a high number of scams out there and it can be difficult to ascertain whether a product is legitimate enough and has real options when it comes to making that money.
At Ways to Make Money Online we endeavour to only promote products that are 100% legitimate and genuine has the ability to make you money.
In this Wealthy Affiliate Review, I will be sharing my personal opinion of the platform and why I believe it is the No.1 Product to help you learn all the skills and techniques you need to start making money online and all the tools to make it successful and continue to grow. As an active user of Wealthy Affiliate I believe in this product and have learned so much from using them – that is why I recommend them. Read on to learn more… Continue reading “Wealthy Affiliate Review”