Overall Ranking: 60/100
Owners: Swag bucks, based in California
Swagbucks is a website that rewards user for completing certain task with virtual currency. (Surveys, watching videos and giving feedback, and using their search bar). This virtual currency can be used against gift-cards or goods.
WHO IT IS FOR
Anyone who has access to the internet and is above 13 years old can use the Swagbucks system. As it uses a number of things most internet users do naturally daily, it can work for anyone (internet searches, watch videos, shop online), although it will take time to accumulate SB credits.
It is probably best for someone who casually uses it rather than someone who wants to rely on it as a source of income.
HOW IT WORKS
It’s a free sign up, you just go to the homepage. You can also use your Facebook profile to sign in. There are a number of different ways to earn credits:
- Shopping with certain retailers and getting cash back
- Using their Search bar instead of your usual search bar
- Watching Videos
- Playing Games
- Answer Surveys
- Referring friends to join up gives you 10% of what they earn
- Printing coupons off them to use in stores
One thing I found with the surveys is the pre questions that decide whether you qualify for the actual survey. Depending on the demographic, you might not qualify but have already answered a couple of questions.
They also have an app called Swagbucks Answers.
Payouts vary across the different formats. A $5 gift card would require 450 SB credits.
You can then redeem your SB credits in a number of ways:
- Gift-cards, you can choose from a number of retailers
- PayPal, you can get it paid into your PayPal account
- Sweepstakes, you can spend your SB credits on entries to win electronics and gift-cards at the Swags Stakes
- Donate your credits to charity
- Free Sign up
- Easy to use
- Number of different ways to earn the credits
- Earn credits just by searching the internet
- It is legitimate and not a scam
- It will take a lot of time to accumulate points
- Wouldn’t suggest it as a source of income.
The How It Works section explains it nice and simply. Sign up, Earn Points and Get the free gift cards. The page also describes the different ways you can earn the points.
They have a ‘How can we help?’ page with a number of FAQs displayed explaining various subjects. I.e. Search, how do I set my search engine as Swagbucks, etc. You can also ask questions on their Facebook page.
It is free to join, and they are offering a £3 bonus for signing up (although the small print does say you need to earn 2,500 SB credits within the first 60 days of membership).
Swagbucks is an easy way to make some money online, but as a past-time rather than a real opportunity to leave the day job behind.
By using the search bar as an example, you use that instead of google, you are earning points and it will help towards Christmas.
It is legitimate and is definitely not a scam. But it does require a lot of work for the other features to pay out any substantial credits. Hence why my score is only 3 stars.
Have you had any experience with Swagbucks, I would love to hear your thoughts, any feedback please leave them in the comments below.
If you are looking for a genuine way to earn money online, with help and support, then check out our No.1 Recommended Product.
Ways to Work from Home